Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dead Again

Well here's something that harks back to the very first post I made, I found out yesterday that George Romero is making another Zombie movie! This one is going to be called "Diary of the Dead", and there is an early script review up here which I skimmed but didn't read entirely to avoid spoilers. It sounds like a neat idea where apparently the story will be entirely seen through cameras that exist 'in world' as it were, although helpfully the main character is a film student making a documentary so has a camera with him all the time. Also its going to be a prequal of sorts, showing when the zombies first started appearing rather than following on from Land of the Dead.
The premise will seemingly make it very low budget, but I think it has the potential to be good, possibly even better than Land of the Dead, which while it was interesting enough won't stand out in my mind as a classic. So go George, give us a Diary of the Dead!

No comments: