Monday, July 17, 2006

Transform and roll out!

Transformers is getting a new movie, and I'm a bit excited about it. Very excited about it. Well actually I'm so excited about it I'm quivvering in anticipation. I haven't been this excited about a movie since Star Wars Episode 1... and we know how that turned out. To that end I am attempting, not very successfully, to temper my schoolgirl giddyness with a dose of cynacism.
Like I said, it ain't working. All I can hope for is that I don't burst before the movie actually comes out!
Ahem... for those not obsessed with Transformers, there is a new movie coming out next summer, 4th July in the US, about the giant robots who disguise themselves as vehicles. Its directed by Michael Bay, produced by Steven Spielberg, and by all evidence has a budget of giant robot proportions. Theres been a lot of stuff on the internet, some official, most unofficial and a lot of which I believe to be bullshit.
The best official souces are the official website for the film, which also has the first (very cool) trailer to watch, and Michael Bay's official forums where they are posting some info. But they are trying to keep stuff secret which is fine with me.
I'm no G1 purist (that being the original TVseries/comic book/toy line) in fact my favourite Transformers of all is Beast Wars, so I'm mostly fine with them changing things as they see fit. Especially since this film is over 20 years since Transformers started, of course things will have changed.
Anyway, I'm certain you'll be hearing more about this from me in the next year, so stay tuned Transfans

*giggles*

No comments: