Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Death of a Crocodile Hunter

This happened yesterday, and I'm sure most people are probably aware about it now, but I felt I wanted to mention it. Yesterday Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray while filming in Australia. I was shocked to hear of his death, although in some ways its not all that surprising. He was a fearless man who put himself in so many dangerous situations. I do feel for his wife and two young children who have been left behind.

The information yesterday was quite brief, but heres an article from the BBC today that includes a bit more detail about what happened, including a confirmation that the incident was recorded. Personally I hope that tape doesn't get passed around. There are some good quotes in the article, my favourite being from the Australian Prime Minister John Howard, who said he had died in "quintessentially Australian circumstances".

Goodbye Steve, you crazy guy, you will be missed

No comments: