Thursday, September 28, 2006

Why a spoon?

Well it seems that this page is no longer blocked at work, I wonder when that happened. Right now I am at work, extremely bored. I'm not bored for lack of things to do, in fact I have lots of things I need to do, but rather because I am feeling too lazy to do anything. I think this is my lazy kitty side coming through. For those who don't know I am a teacher at a college. Currently I am in a free period, which is when I am supposed to be getting important things done, but ho hum.

Yesterday I ordered a copy of Extended Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves on DVD.Why am I inflicting Kevin Costner on myself? Well I do enjoy this film, but also what I am hoping is that the extra 17 minutes will not contain more footage of Kevin, but more of Alan Rickman's hilarious portrayal of the Sheriff of Nottingham. Watching a program on TV at the weekend I heard that Costner has demanded some of Rickman's stuff to be cut out so he didn't upstage Costner, hopefully this is what they added back in, but we will see. If its not then I think I will go with what the Sheriff says in the film:

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas."


p.s. the answer to the question in the title is "Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more." the question itself being a response to the Sheriff threat to cut out Robin's heart with a spoon, an image that has always stayed with me and still makes me feel queezy to this day. Yes I know I am a wimp :P

No comments: